We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer in Test to join our Infrastructure Resiliency Engineering team. This team is passionate about delivering large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced Agile environment. In this role you'll be working with a team of highly-skilled and talented engineers, responsible for delivering sophisticated backend solutions that help Okta reliably operate at large scale and be highly available. As part of the team, you’ll be ensuring infrastructure projects are completed with the highest quality and reliability using automation at every level for fast, robust and secure releases.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Automate API tests, end-to-end tests, reliability/scale tests
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review
- Review application code, identify bug and other areas of weakness, architect tools for future coverage
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality
- Respond to production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
- 5+ years of QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering for enterprise level cloud software (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- 3+ years of experience in Java-based automation development
- Familiarity with automation tools - Selenium, Postman/Apigee, Jmeter
- Expertise in test planning and cross team collaborative efforts.
- Experience working with distributed systems at large scale
- Able to write and review designs and code with other team members
- Able to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with web APIs, automation experience for a SAAS or PAAS product
Education and Training:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.