We're looking for software engineers who are enthralled with their craft and are passionate about building products at scale for a great mission. You'll be deeply involved in feature decisions and should be comfortable using data to drive rapid testing/iterating.
Who We Are:
Alignable is North America's largest small business network with over 6 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
What You’ll Do:
- In your first couple of months, you’ll take significant new features from concept to production. All new features are designed and built collaboratively with small cross-functional teams.
- You'll be deeply involved in feature decisions and should be comfortable using data to drive rapid testing/iterating
- You will be autonomous in managing your work, working independently with product managers and designers to build the most compelling features for our small business members.
- You will get to know our members by listening in on video calls and training sessions, observing them using our site, and deeply engaging with our customer success team to understand their challenges.
- You will dive deep into our data to further your understanding of our members and draw insights that will allow you to suggest features or changes to our applications.
- If you have experience developing Ruby on Rails systems at scale, it’s a plus
- You have experience with Postgres, MySQL, or similar databases
- You have at least 4+ years of experience writing code in a professional work environment
- You have used AWS to build and deploy software
- You’ve worked on an Agile team and delivered software via Scrum, Kanban, or another Agile methodology
- You love digging into data, experience with Python and Pandas is a plus
- You’ve worked on a team that uses continuous development and deployment
- You’ve used TDD or worked on a team without QA but with a high bar for quality and test coverage
What we offer:
- Smart, supportive, fun co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Virtual working environment
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
- An opportunity to help millions of small business owners across the United States and Canada
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.