Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Commercial Platform team for building innovative, intuitive, scalable, and reliable web applications. This role will be primarily focused on backend development.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering Management to turn user stories into an executable technical plan
- Architect and build solutions and new features into our GraphQL API, keeping in mind deployment ease, quality, scalability and latency
- Understand the problem domain, participate in the review of end to end use cases, and take responsibility to ensure that changes satisfy the use cases
- Writing full suite of automated tests to ensure production stability (unit, integration, e2e)
- Identifying tech debt and making recommendations to reduce it
- Upholding application performance and security best practices within the team
- Writing code for medium to large features independently
- Leading code reviews, providing constructive feedback
- At least 5+ years of professional experience and at least 3+ years in-depth experience with Node.js
- Must have an understanding of containerization
- Production experience with Kubernetes and working knowledge of Helm (preferred)
- Strong experience with testing (unit, integration, and e2e)
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Extensive experience with Git & Github
- Database and distributed systems fundamentals - such as Caching and Eventual Consistency
- Experience with Prisma, Nexus and Apollo Server
- Experience with React
- Experience in Authentication & Web Security domain
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field will be a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to articulate ideas and strategies
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Ability to see the big picture and keep an eye on long-term goals and direction, while taking care of short-term needs
- High EQ, able to respond effectively to people’s needs
- Great at peering up with other engineers to enable and grow each other
- Working in an Agile development environment
We are a Remote company and this position can be remote within the US.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.