- Programming Ability
- Builds defined features
- Writes code to solve problems in a team environment
- Writes testable, maintainable code
- Provides architectural guidance and feedback and implementation support
- Performs analysis and provides feedback on reported defects, and implements solutions
- Writes effective, automated tests
- Follows and improves the development process
- Mentors peers and junior team members
- Performs thoughtful code reviews and provides constructive, positive feedback with the interest of improving code quality, performance, and building the team
- Communicates effectively through emails, Slack, etc.
- Gives proactive status updates
- Ability to present structured fact-based arguments
- Values collaboration with their own team and others
- Critical Thinking
- Balances short-term needs with long-term goals
- Thinks about what could go wrong and how we can mitigate the risk
- Identifies blocking issues
- Helps define requirements
- Open-source mindset
- Takes ownership
- Follows through to the very end
- Values learning new technology
- Work Environment
- The duties of this position are typical of those performed in a home office setting with normal ranges of temperature. The majority of tasks will be performed while sitting at a desk.
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
Visual and tactile reqirements:
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like
- We are looking for a developer who has the ability to become familiar with and navigate an existing, mature code base with relative ease. The right candidate should be able to identify and mitigate potential risks with code changes, as well as, provide thoughtful solutions to integrating with existing and new services.
- Experience with PHP and custom WordPress development is required
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms
- Source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Unit testing and TDD
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes
- Knowledge of software architecture and design
- Experience working in a remote capacity
- Compensation and Benefits
Structured as a full-time, exempt, and salaried position, this individual will report directly to Christopher Lamm, Director of Software Engineering. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Payroll is issued on a semi-monthly basis with salary on the 15th and last day of the month
Group healthcare plans are available. The Art of Education University will contribute 100% for full-time health, dental, and vision, employee-only coverage. Family coverage is available at an additional premium.
The Art of Education University offers participation, upon hire, of a 401K plan with up to a 4% match of employee contributions.
Appropriate and up-to-date technology is provided.
Unlimited self-managed PTO is offered to full-time members of AOEU. Extended vacations must be pre-approved. Flexibility exists so long as responsibilities are fulfilled and careful planning and communication are evident.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.