Okta is seeking an engineering leader to head the team that develops Okta's mission critical ecosystem of Microsoft Application. This leader will be responsible for not only day to day management of the team, but also working with Product Management on setting the mission of the team and the strategy to accomplish that mission. We are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate hands-on manager to join the team who is ready to roll up the sleeves and dig into the details if need be and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in managing an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale and performance, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will partner with product team and business development to build a compelling product and introduce critical new capabilities to drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and enrich our ecosystem. If you are someone, with a passion and a track record in leading engineering team in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations, this is the place for you!
Our teams are fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our managers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the execution of building integration with Microsoft applications and work in conjunction with Product team
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers
- Mentors team members to excel in their area of expertise and regularly assesses and addresses the risk associated with the the team’s deliverables
- Good communication and collaboration with the team, peer group and senior management
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional and cross-department product architecture review and discussions
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships with engineering leadership and field teams
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, guidance and feedback to both your team members and your project peers
- Recruit and mentor software engineers
- Handle customer escalations indirectly (through Support) or directly when deemed necessary
- Interface with QA, Documentation, Product Management, Technical Support, and Technical Operations
Minimum required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7 years or more or progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a strong background in software development
- Prior experience in building identity, authentication, authorization, entitlements, or security applications in the cloud
- Expertise in managing projects written using Java/C#, REST Api, JSON/XML
- Experience working in or managing development using MS technologies like AD, Office365/Graph API, Sharepoint and Powershell
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and practices, in particular building with native software on one or more of Linux, Window and Mac OS
Nice to have:
- Understanding and appreciation for TDD
- Proven track record in performance management and career development of individual contributors.
- Experience in Universal Sync, Provisioning and Client Access Policy is a plus
- Experience with Git or Github is a plus
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (MS/PhD preferred)
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.