Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
As the Enterprise Customer Success Engineer, you will be the primary technical point of contact for multiple customers. You will work alongside the Enterprise Customer Success Manager to understand your customers’ business goals and objectives and translate those goals into clearly defined technical implementation project plans. To do this, you will apply your full breadth of product knowledge to work with customers in designing workflows and integrations that optimises and modernises their operations with the latest PagerDuty technology.
As the technical expert on the Customer Success team, peers and customers alike will lean on you for strategic technical advice, and you will play a key role in shaping the operations of enterprise companies undergoing large, digital transformation change.
- The primary technical advisor to our customer for all things Digital Operations
- Possess a deep understanding of the PagerDuty platform as a technical solution and how it fits within the larger Digital Operations workspace
- Lead discovery sessions with large, enterprise customers to assess and analyse inefficiencies in existing tooling, processes, and operations within and outside of PagerDuty
- Apply product knowledge to advise on optimal solutions for streamlining and improving tooling, processes, and operations in PagerDuty
- Develop custom PagerDuty architectural and integration designs that support customers’ business and technology initiatives while taking into account complexities and customisations in large, enterprise customer environments
- Translate architectural and integration designs into strategic implementation project plans and assist in the execution of defined project plans
- Consult on designs of custom integrations using product, API, and best practice knowledge
- Answer and triage technical questions as a customer’s primary technical point of contact
- Lead technical conversations to influence and improve product adoption while advocating general digital operations best practices
- Own and increase product adoption metrics across multiple enterprise customers at the same time
- Collaborate with Enterprise Customer Success Managers as the primary technical contact in supporting large-scale onboarding's and general customer lifecycle initiatives
- Resolve escalated support tickets by collaborating and coordinating with customer support, product management, and engineering teams
- Collect and organise feature requests and prioritise them with product owners, while balancing PagerDuty’s desire to move customers along our product roadmap.
- Provide insight to the customer regarding our product roadmap and how the new features can be applied to their business.
- Create automation that can be used to accelerate repetitive tasks, both specifically for customers as well as for a central repository of tools for wider usage.
- 7-10 years similar experience in software/technology
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience implementing new systems, integrations, processes at scale
- Knack for grasping technical concepts quickly
- Keen sense and eye for technical details: you don’t like not-knowing something and are willing to go the extra mile to educate yourself and full-proof your product knowledge
- Crazy organised: ability to keep track of and balance several customer engagements that are in different customer lifecycles at the same time
- Team-player: must be able to work across multiple teams across multiple departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing product and environment
- Enthusiasm for tackling complex challenges with tactical solutions
- Willingness to contribute to the growth of the team, company, and peers along with a desire to learn and grow as an individual at a personal and professional level
- Analytical problem-solving and risk assessment skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL proficiency
- Proficiency with popular SaaS or on-prem tools like ServiceNow, Jira, NewRelic, DataDog
- PagerDuty offers:
Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.