This is an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Engineer to join on our award winning Investcentre platform. The Full Stack Engineer will be joining a team which has a philosophy of continuous improvement, and a strong focus on engineering excellence.
What you can expect:
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- Consider architectural and non-functional requirements and work with the team to deliver
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other people
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- 3-4 years of commercial experience developing services and APIs with C#, .NET core, Mongo and/or SQL with techniques such as domain-driven design and MVC.
- 3-4 years of technical background in web development with Angular/React/VueJs.
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience/Familiarity Test Driven Development and is comfortable with various test frameworks and concepts.
- Experience/Familiarity with Entity framework core.
- Familiarisation with containerisation and tools such as Docker.
- Familiarisation of developing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud-Based solutions on AWS
- Understand principles behind highly performing web pages
- Agile / SCRUM / SAFe
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiam
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
A little bit about us:
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £62.5 billion and more than 312,300 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We strive to make investing easy.
What we offer:
- Regular remote working post Covid
- Bonus Scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Company pension
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.