Eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work:
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Keep up with changes related to Chromium versions and translate these into the required changes for our libraries
- Optimizing memory usage and performance for our mobile partners, while striving for high ad-blocking quality
- Ensure the stability of our SDKs across all platforms and partners via automated tests, code reviews and collaboration with your QA colleagues
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented, and that partners are satisfied
What you bring to the table...
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience in modern C++ (minimum C++11)
- Understanding of Chromium browser internals
- Experience designing the architecture of software components
- Experience with concurrency/multithreaded development
- Continuous Integration at least as a user (bonus for having set up CI pipelines)
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Proactive problem solver with a good attitude
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience in Java, ideally with JNI
- Experience developing and unit testing mobile applications, ideally Android native
- Knowledge about other programming languages like Python, Kotlin or Rust
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
- Experience using and creating Docker containers
- Remote work experience
What we offer:
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.