The Festicket Group family is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries, all passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with a remote workforce distributed across Leeds, Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes, Denver and Australia.
Since 2012, we have provided a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In eight short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
Since our acquisition in 2019 of the multi-award winning cashless POS platform Event Genius and the associated Ticket Arena consumer website and brand, we are on track to become the most complete end-to-end live events platform for fans and organisers built to serve any event, any size.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe's largest VC funds.
Full details of our stack can be found here.
- As a senior engineer, you will provide guidance to and collaborate with other backend developers working within our B2B team, responsible for the Event Genius and Ticket Arena products.
- Work closely with Product and the other engineers in your team to plan, implement, release and maintain new features and functionality in your product area
- Write good quality, maintainable code that strikes the right balance between technical excellence and delivery of business objectives
- Collaborate with other Backend Engineers on improving our codebase, defining new conventions, making architectural design decisions, paying off technical debt and maximising team productivity
- Maintain our commitment to continuous delivery, automation and quality best practices
- Actively contribute to Agile rituals (stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement, retros) to help the team achieve its goals, provide product feedback and technical expertise
- Participate in ensuring the smooth operation of our applications by managing releases and being part of our technical support rota. This is likely 1 day per week and does not currently involve out-of-hours support.
Your skills and knowledge:
- Solid experience as a software engineer in a commercial role, ideally a marketplace or product-lead environment
- Years of experience working with PHP
- Knowledge of SQL, RDBMSs (preferably Postgres) and database design
- Comfortable with the command line and fluent in git
- Experience setting up or working with CI/CD platforms
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms would be beneficial
- A computing or software engineering degree isn advantageous but not mandatory
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs is beneficial
- Experience working within a fast-paced Agile environment
- Behaviours we expect you to demonstrate in this role:
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A great communicator who is being open, honest and direct
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a scale-up dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic that has hit the live music industry harder than most other sectors
- Intellectual curiosity, and the confidence to ask questions until you understand
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving stretch goals on your own merit
- Comfort receiving and providing constructive criticism, as well as ‘managing upwards’
We’re a team of 100, with our HQ located in the amazing heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music/travel start-up companies in the world, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow. ??
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working from home and remote-working policy
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Festicket workplace pension
- Long service awards
- Value driven start up culture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.