Rocketbook reusable notebooks have revolutionized the way millions of people use and digitize handwritten notes at work and in the classroom. In the past few years, we've become a disruptive force in the office supply industry by delivering a unique blend of digital and physical innovation. We're just getting started in our mission to revolutionize personal and team productivity.
The Product team is growing and we are looking for a creative, innovative, and resourceful Backend Engineer to build digital solutions that will be experienced by millions of users. We're looking for you to help evolve the app into an intelligent platform that'll make handwritten notes come to life.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience of Backend engineering experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the consumer tech space
- Experience developing highly reliable, scalable real-time services for mobile applications (API, backend architecture)
- Knowledge of AI technologies (Computer Vision, ML)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MongoDB, SQL) and data warehouses (BigQuery)
- Familiarity with cloud servers (e.g Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to break down large, complex problems into manageable pieces
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
What you'll do:
- Build clean, reusable code and libraries for new features, applications, and future use
- Design server-side architecture for mobile applications (Microservices, APIs, etc)
- Design and manage well-functioning and scalable databases to support millions of users
- Build backend services and APIs that power our native applications
- Own projects from beginning through implementation to ensure that they are on time and of high quality
- Utilize Computer Vision, AI/ML, and OCR to build intelligent features
- Maintain and support existing applications and libraries
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Work with the Product, Marketing, and Customer Happiness to ideate and build innovative features
What you won't do:
- Wait for creative ideas to be handed to you, or initiative to be requested of you
- Work within the strict boundaries of your job description or department charter
- Be uncourteous to your teammates, not help them succeed, or hold back opportunities to help the business grow
- Remain stagnant as a professional and individual
- Keep your curiosity, opinions, quirks, and terrible jokes to yourself
No need to apply if:
- You aren't an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- You don't have ideas and you wait for someone else to execute.
- You can't strategically plan OR you are highly uncomfortable when the plan changes.
- You aren't curious and don't want to grow individually.
- You can't give and receive LOTS of constructive feedback.
- You aren't fun to be around.
- You hate geeky sci-fi movies and cheesy space puns.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible and unlimited vacation policy
- 401(K) plan with match
- Remote-work friendly
Rocketbook is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.