We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for application feature development. You are passionate about all things data and tech and have extensive knowledge of the digital space. You are accomplished in the areas of software engineering and browser-based application development and you are ready to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, this individual will be responsible for extending our measurement platform to provide our clients with television and digital ad campaign performance metrics and effective optimization insights.
This engineer will work closely with the Product Management, Client Success, DevOps, and other VideoAmp engineering teams to create a world-class SaaS platform. This engineer will create/build elegant user workflows, scalable services, and reusable frameworks to improve engineering productivity. This person will also be adding value via their ability to understand VideoAmp’s products and how our clients leverage them. The company is looking for an extremely collaborative, humble, and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate is a motivated, hardworking leader who possesses an extremely high bar for themselves and their work quality. This is a highly technical position that requires a breadth of knowledge across multiple systems as well as a depth of knowledge on very specific technologies.
TECHNOLOGIES: AWS, Kubernetes, NodeJS, Hapi, TypeScript, React, Postgres, Snowflake, Python, Scala, Spark, Airflow, Cypress, Percy, Postman, and Jira
- Build application workflows (UIs and services) for new feature development
- Implement unit and integrations tests to maintain confidence in our platform’s stability
- Optimize code to improve performance and scalability and reduce infrastructure costs
- Implement monitoring and alerting for critical workflows and services
- Debug and trace issues across multiple application modules and services
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to break down product requirements, identify dependencies and create implementation plans
- Build shared components and/or frameworks that improve engineering productivity across the organization
- Mentor teammates through pair programming and detailed feedback during code and architecture reviews
- Create and maintain documentation of new and services, tools, and frameworks
- The ideal candidate will be able to deliver product features to market quickly with the highest quality code. This person is able to translate product and visual design specifications into pixel-perfect UIs and efficient services quickly application features. This person will work to understand our products in depth in order to deliver the best quality experiences for our users.
- Additionally, we highlight the following personal, professional, and technological characteristics the ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of experience developing REST APIs and services with languages like NodeJS, Typescript, Python, Go, or Java
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with application security concerns
- Experience working with asynchronous messaging to communicate between services
- Experience using ORM middleware in your preferred language
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles and container-based deployments using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to take a complex set of product requirements and deliver a finished product independently or collaboratively with a small team of engineers
- College degree in the area of computer science or an engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with consuming data and analyzing queries in an MPP data warehouse is a plus
- Experience with test-driven development is a plus
- Unlimited paid time off each year
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- Annual vacation and childcare stipends
- Access to state-of-the-art fitness classes and personal trainers to promote your well-being. Live and recorded virtual workout classes every day + weekly yoga/pilates/wellness opportunities
- Quarterly fitness challenges
- Work from home set up provided
- 1:1 Nutrition/Food program options
- Partnership with DoorDash for meal deliveries
- Wellness (Financial Wellness, Modern Health)
- Employee Advisory Groups / Proactive Social Groups
- Pet Funds + Pet Care Savings
- 401k Plan
- Everyday discounts
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Referral Bonus
- A progressive approach to paid parental leave
- Epic personal and professional growth opportunities
We believe every human on the planet should have the option of free access to the world’s information and content. In many cases this belief is powered by a three-way value exchange between a publisher producing free content, a consumer consuming it, and an advertiser paying the publisher for the chance to connect with its audience. The underpinning of this value exchange relies on having independent auditing, measurement, and optimization layer to power the transaction between the advertiser and publisher.
Today the industry standard tools for advertising and media measurement and optimization are usually designed where increased personalization, higher advertising return on investment, and increased publisher revenues often come with negative trade-offs for consumer privacy or security risks of leaking private data. We envision a world where this doesn't have to be the case - a world where consumer privacy, security, and governance are incorporated into the fabric of the codebase while enabling the necessary business use-cases to effectively keep the world’s information and content free for everyone.
VideoAmp’s mission is to create software and data solutions to enable advertisers to accurately measure and optimize their entire portfolio of linear TV, OTT, digital and walled garden investments while empowering publishers to effectively align and monetize their audiences with the advertiser’s desired outcome in a consumer-first privacy paradigm.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.