dv01 is the world’s first end-to-end data management, reporting, and analytics platform offering loan-level transparency and insight into lending markets, making them more efficient for institutional investors and safer for the world. In a nutshell, we’re doing our part to prevent a repeat of 2008.
- You will operate as the bridge between the engineering and finance teams, contributing to a variety of integral processes that drive dv01 on a daily basis.
- You'll own the business logic in our data pipeline, encapsulating all the knowledge we've accumulated across hundreds of datasets.
- You will have direct exposure to high-level contacts at hedge funds, banks, and asset originators, providing valuable insights to help them answer complex questions
- You'll work with popular, modern, and exciting open source technologies like Apache Spark and Airflow. The skills you develop here will serve you well beyond dv01
- A well-rounded engineer. You have 5+ years of professional programming experience with Apache Spark, Scala, Java, R, or Python. You are able to write thought-out code while accounting for resource and performance constraints and are also capable of performing ad-hoc data investigations with SQL.
- Interest and experience in both engineering and finance. You're looking to grow your skills in both disciplines and are excited about the synergies between finance and technology.
- Knowledgeable about consumer credit. You understand how investors evaluate loan portfolios and the complexities of amortization, prepay, and default. You strive to further your knowledge in the credit market.
- Excited about big data. You should have 5+ years of professional engineering experience working with large datasets, with exposure to large datasets related to loan products an added plus. You enjoy working with data, from expressing complex business logic as scalable data processing logic to configuring and debugging intricate big data pipelines. You love the intricate details of a thorough investigation, but also stay aware of the bigger picture while operating across multiple threads of work.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Math, or Engineering. Note that we're not anti-dropouts if you're a superstar.
Benefits and Perks:
- Highly collaborative culture (weekly town hall meetings, virtual cross-team coffee hour)
- Almost 100% paid benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- Continuous learning (prototype/hackathon day, brunch & learns, Scala overviews)
- Weekly $100 lunch allowance
- Free premium Equinox membership
- Unlimited PTO
- Company virtual events (Happy hours, game nights, team qi gong, book club, etc.)
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.