Okta is the identity standard. The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that securely connects the right people to the right technologies at the right time. We help organizations do two things - secure and manage their extended enterprise, and transform their customers’ experiences. With over 9400 customers globally, 6500+ app integrations, and well over 300 million registered users, we are only getting started.
As a member of the recently formed Developer Enablement team, you will be focused on solving challenging problems around development environment frameworks, scalability and stability so that all engineers at Okta are enabled to deliver products at high velocity and scale without compromising quality, and coding standards. The team is chartered to understand software development pain points, provide solutions for those, set guidelines for code organization and development, and ensure that development environments in general are kept performant and stable as we continue to add more features and functionalities to our product portfolio. In this newly formed team you will have the opportunity to define and mould the future of development infrastructure at Okta.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Design and develop innovative automated solutions that enable developers to stay productive as they continue to add product features and functionalities
- Understand, analyze usage of and drive improvements to the development environments
- Build tools that measure operational performance of local development environments
- Enable automation for quick and efficient configuration of development environments
- Provide guidelines to enable best practices for code organization and development
- Profile and tune performance of development environments, including making changes to the codebase itself
- Work with developers, architects and release engineering to keep the code and overall development process efficient
- Stay abreast of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Okta's development processes
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of industry experience developing Internet scale software in Java
- Proven track record of developing and supporting software development infrastructure
- 3+ year of experience of developing, debugging, profiling and performance tuning in Java, Spring and Tomcat
- 2+ years experience in solving performance issues in development environments. Superior knowledge of various code profiling tools and techniques
- Experience with software development at scale
- Thoroughly familiar with tuning of advanced IDEs like IntelliJ or Eclipse. Good knowledge of Github.
- Well versed with build tools like Maven, Gradle, Bazel etc. -- configuring, profiling, and fine tuning those for superior performance
- Knowledge of containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes/ECS
- Experience with large public cloud provider like AWS
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines, and Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively across engineering teams, and get up to speed with new technologies
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent; master's preferred
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.