About the Role
As a Sr Software Engineer II, you will be leading the development of platforms and tools that will be meeting the sign-up and onboarding needs of the millions of people worldwide who come to Uber to bolster their earnings opportunities. You will be owning the technical strategy and co-creating and driving the tactical plan to achieve the goals.
It's a very high-impact role in which you will interface with many crucial product & platform teams within the broader Earner Engineering organization.
The position requires a person whose communication and leadership skills are as strong as their technical abilities and who enjoys building solutions themselves and guiding others equally passionately. In short, the ideal person is a mentor and strategist who oversees and executes technical tasks with excellence.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Manage scale & reliability. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability, and monitoring tooling.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgment and responsibility. Engineers within the team should look to you for best practices in planning and executing projects.
- Enhance the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing the best in class code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions maturely and fairly, helping the team to commit and move forward.
- Proactively support our developers' growth using coaching and mentoring.
- Assess our architecture and design decisions, making long-term plans to bring those to the next level.
What the Candidate Will Need
- 8+ Years of software development experience with preferably 2+ years in a lead/architect role.
- Proven hands-on experience in designing, building, improving, and operating high-performance, highly available, and scalable distributed systems in a fast-growing environment
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in SOA, migration, and microservices.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to use data to influence and drive decisions.
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply on Anomadic