Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choice than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning – and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people centric companies. Lattice is a people management platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 2,750+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
We’re a small and impactful team of software engineers continuously working to improve our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies to create our products. We work highly cross-functionally in partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, Product and Design teams to shape the product we support.
Who you are
You have 5+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications.
- You’re no stranger to SQL—you know how to efficiently model data and write performant queries in a relational database like PostgreSQL.
- You know the ins-and-outs of maintaining and scaling an application actively serving customers in production.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects, and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator.
- You take care to write code that your colleagues will also own, understand, and maintain.
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You work well with designers and product managers to come up with optimal solutions.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You love mentoring and supporting other software engineers who are newer to the industry.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software projects.
- You’ll build software to help companies build cultures in which their employees thrive.
- You’ll work with other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
- You’ll independently lead the execution of complex projects, including those that require cross-functional collaboration with product managers and designers.
- You’ll provide substantial mentorship to less experienced colleagues, helping to refine their technical craft and expand their knowledge.
- You’ll make contributions to our engineering practices, identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team output.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of the engineering team. Now is the opportune time for a strong candidate to join, take on outsized ownership, and continue to grow with us.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 2,750+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Hybrid work model with a mix of work from home and centrally located office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.