TED creates, produces and distributes audio and video media (most famously TED Talks) to millions of people around the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of backend systems which deliver TED content to millions of people worldwide. You will collaborate with developers and product owners to take new features and products from conception to production.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- MySQL and RDS technologies
- Distributed system design and architecture
- AWS infrastructure
- Proficiency with:
- GraphQL API design and development
- HTML, CSS and other web front-end technologies.
- Git and version control best practices
- Unix command line
- It’s a plus to have experience with:
- Email delivery systems and deliverability
- Job queues and worker processes
- Apollo Server
- Ruby on Rails
- An insatiable curiosity for technology and software development.
- Absolutely must be a self-starter whose default mode is action and persistence.
- Proactive, positive communication and a team-first attitude are paramount.
- Must be a ferocious debugger who is unfazed by complex toolchains, immature SDKs and emerging technologies.
- Values cross-functional collaboration
- Values a diverse workplace
- Architect software using well-established design patterns and best practices.
- Experiment with new technologies and share discoveries with the team
- Foster growth and support other engineers through constructive, collaborative code reviews
- Clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Travel: Upon request / as needed
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.