As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll play an instrumental role in identifying, prioritizing, shepherding and converting the best fit Mid-market and Enterprise prospects as they advance through the various stages of considering, evaluating, trialing and purchasing Guru.
You will deliver compelling pitches and outstanding sales strategies by knowing your product, buyers and the competitive landscape; most importantly, you’re an excellent team-selling partner who can effectively orchestrate the organizational resources at your disposal - sales development, sales engineering, professional services, customer success and information security - in demonstrating the business, functional and holistic merits of Guru relative to other knowledge management solutions and business priorities. Additionally, you will uncover and drive sales expansion opportunities within your customer base and execute their first annual subscription renewals before handing off to Account Management for ongoing commercial support.
This job is not only about how well you sell; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set, to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Partner with Sales Development in identifying, crafting and owning an evolving territory of targeted named accounts
- Deliver compelling discovery demos for inbound and outbound prospect companies and organizations defined as Mid-market or Enterprise
- Uncover, qualify, manufacture and drive end to end net new sales opportunities
- Collaborate with our Sales Engineering to deliver winning group demonstrations and guided product trials
- Collaborate with buyer champions in developing and delivering compelling ROI and business cases to leadership and financial decision-makers
- Support collaborative partners ensure your customers are adopting Guru and realizing the full value of their investment within a reasonable timeframe
- Expand Guru’s footprint into other departments, use cases and across the enterprise
- Share product and messaging feedback with Product Marketing and Management
- Test new sales tactics, strategies and messaging frameworks as the product, buyers, competitive landscape and knowledge management market continue to evolve
- 2-5 years as a quota carrying SaaS sales rep with preference for experience in knowledge management or content management categories, or experience selling to customer-facing teams like Sales and Support
- Experience in running and closing 5-figure deals
- Great teammate who knows how to effectively partner with and utilize Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Professional Services and Customer Success to consistently win new deals and expand customers subscriptions into new teams and departments
- Proficient in one or more enterprise selling methodologies
- Experience building named account outbound prospecting lists or territory plans
- Excellent discovery demo, web presentation and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce required, experience with Slack, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Zoom, Chrous.ai preferred but not required
- Experience working within a product-led growth go-to-market framework is a significant plus
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.