About our Team:
Capco Digital is a consultancy specializing in designing, developing, and delivering customer-centric solutions for global Financial Services clients. We deliver across the full product lifecycle, from strategy to launch and beyond.
We leverage Design Thinking to find the right problems to solve and work as a collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams to find the best solutions. We find meaningful insights and co-design with partners and customers. We love to sketch, prototype, and think beyond single touchpoints.
We tackle various types of problems, and we’re always looking for new approaches to work more efficiently and smarter. Our Labs group empowers us to conceptualize, sell, and implement solutions that leverage new and emerging technologies.
About the Job:
The Senior UX Designer will have a passion for User Experience principles and interaction design. They will be an experienced and creative UX designer who is deeply passionate about design, product, and the end-to-end user experience. They will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams and influence user experience through problem solving and implementation. We’re looking for a team player who excels at collaboration and enjoys mentoring others, as well.
What You’ll Get to Do: ?
- Lead the work on functional areas in small, agile design teams on client projects to follow best practices and create compelling, intuitive, and innovative user-centered experiences across the banking, insurance, capital markets, FinTech and energy industries
- Facilitate client discovery workshops with product managers, engineers, designers, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead and conduct user research, including drafting research plans, conducting interviews, writing discussion guides for concept validation or usability tests, and synthesizing feedback into actionable read-outs or reports
- Provide insights to the product development team and document user goals, needs, motivations and pain points through user personas, use cases, and experience maps
- Create user flows, storyboards, design mockups, interactive experience prototypes, future state visions and production ready final assets
- Mentor junior designers and researchers through the delivery of creative assets
- Communicate design intent to internal and external teams and clearly represent your design work clearly and persuasively across different audiences with minimal conflict and complication through effective storytelling
- Take ownership of product user experience patterns, creating design systems and style guides that enable designers, developers, and product managers to effectively build intuitive and beautiful products
- Passionately advocate for human-centered design and actively help grow the design culture within Capco and within our clients’ organizations
What You’ll Bring with You:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a knowledge of the UI/UX lifecycle, including examples of where you have delivered complex work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, HCI, or equivalent project/portfolio experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience design, with a background in banking, capital markets, insurance or energy (preferred)
- Proficiency with wireframing, prototyping and visual design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, InVision)
- Ability to communicate ideas with confidence and create engaging presentations that tell a story and inspire others
- Deep understanding of user experience, user research, interaction design, and service design principles
- A collaborative, Design Thinking mindset and a Lean UX approach (preferred)
- Ability to find just as much value and interest in designing utility enterprise products and consumer facing products
- Understanding and familiarity with research methodologies for both qualitative and quantitative including conducting interviews, contextual enquiries, etc. (as well as leading said activities)
- General understanding of common software project management and Agile development practices
- A desire to hone your craft and create a voice through writing articles, speaking on panels, etc.
You’ll join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers— we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.