We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Architect to join Okta’s Technical Operations Team. At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
This architect role is ideal for someone who not only enjoys designing large scale cloud production systems but gains pride from seeing those systems handle anything the internet can throw at them.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing, and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools. This engineer can be in our Bellevue, San Francisco, and/or San Jose office, or can be remote!
- Design, build and monitor Okta's global production infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine preventive solutions
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Automate manual processes, evolve our monitoring tools, and develop technical documentation
- Support a highly available and large scale online environment as part of an on-call rotation once per quarter
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong expertise with production services in AWS such as EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Experience supporting Docker containers and web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Background with Linux systems administration and strong scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Background using and supporting Splunk, Zabbix, Wavefront, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, or related tools
- Experience in chatops tooling, Slack automation, PagerDuty integration
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and IP protocols
- Experience with Federal and DoD compliance requirements - FedRAMP, IL
- Experience with multi-cloud infrastructure is desired
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.