At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
You will be partnering directly with an engineering team, designers, user researchers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand, build and ship the required tools to enable our organizers to seamlessly plan and host virtual and hybrid events in 2021 and beyond.
- Work with technical stakeholders.
- Maintain project timeframes and status reports
- Provide product oversight of critical back-end services & tools, including but not limited to our Video platform/services, APIs, Payments, Marketing and Data tools.
- Partner with other Product Owners, Engineering Managers, Back-end Engineers/Architects & Quality Assurance teams by developing highly-technical user stories, requirements & acceptance criteria for new features.
- Review deliverables from the developers and evaluate success based on product-specified acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that technical documentation and implementation details are accurately communicated throughout the relevant teams.
- Handle, govern & support day-to-day configuration details around the operation of our products.
- Strategic problem solver.
- General knowledge of modern development technologies with experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- A demonstrated track record of leading a medium to large-scale ‘program’ from conception through completion, demonstrating multi-functional skills to make it successful
- Organizational skills and time management skills to keep projects on track to the finish
- Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
- Able to easily context switch activities and remain detail-oriented
- Demonstrates tenacity, commitment to deliver, and accountability for results
- Able to set clear and deliverable goals
- Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
- Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
- Deep understanding of internal working of API’s, Architecture, HTTP, and Data storage.
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management of technology.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data (SQL required)
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
- A university degree or significant experience in a technical field
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.