We are looking for highly motivated and talented Software Engineers who are passionate about Salesforce development and clean code by using best practices, enterprise patterns and standards.
You will build on top of the existing platform, and work across multiple clouds and applications, including Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Community, MavenLink, Mulesoft with a particular focus on our Salesforce Service Cloud, and many other customized applications on top of the platform.
You will need to be able to own and drive entire development solutions which include: code review and improvement of existing functionality using our Git / Atlasssian suite of tools, troubleshooting of complicated integrations and large volume data feeds, creation of new features and enhancements provided by the Product owners in an agile framework driven environment.
What will you do at Ciena?
General scope for this position
- Understand and define requirements, Design, Develop, Test and deploy software that will help drive improvements on the platform.
- Continue to bridge the gap between development and business with a strong bias towards ‘Best Practices and Reusability’ as well as leveraging out of the box functionality over full customization where possible.
- Communicate on a regular basis, at action log meetings with the Business team, on tracked progress (using JIRA, BitBucket, GitHub) and maintain a ‘Customer Centric’ approach and relationship with the Business/Product team.
- Evaluate the best options, with out of the box functionality first (clicks not code), with a strong bias towards: ‘Scalability, Reusability and clarity of Best Practices’
- Be passionate about learning and adopting new technologies that will ease your day-to-day job and be transparent in communicating progress using tools such as JIRA, Slack and Chatter.
- Some periodic on-call duties to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting when needed.
- Salesforce Development experience : Apex triggers, Enterprise Patterns, Asynchronous callouts, Bulk and REST APIs, Governor Limits and considerations for leveraged solutions.
- Knowledge of Best practices. Software development lifecycle and automation.
- Successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently? without too much guidance at times (asking the right questions)
- Salesforce Certifications: Developer, Platform App Builder I,II or Architect track certifications is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the different "clouds" and on the platform including Mulesoft, Platform Events, LWC and related.
- Proven expertise in maintaining and improving complex and large Salesforce Orgs and projects.
- Salesforce certifications for Service Cloud, platform app developer preferred
- Salesforce Platform Developer II highly preferred
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.