Concentrix Tigerspike is an award-winning digital services company and Apple Mobility Partner on a mission to improve people’s lives through technology.
We're expanding and now looking for a Senior React Native Engineer to join us in Poland. Mentored by one of our seasoned Tech Lead’s, you will be part of a team of 35+ engineers in Europe creating custom solutions.
So, if you have a thirst for innovation and want to work with talented and passionate people in an informal and high energy environment then read on...
Tell me more:
When you join this team you will work continuously with the development team as well as the test engineering teams to ensure that we are providing the highest quality of code, peer code reviews and pair programming.
You’ll gain experience with industries from NGOs to Travel and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people's lives.
In recent projects, we created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS's IoT products for SSE and launched a pilot project for NIHR, the NHS's research arm, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps.
For your first project, you'll join a large team split into 3 Scrum squads across the UK and Poland, working with a travel client on their hero consumer app. This world-leading app contains features like geo-sensitive airport maps, food pre-order in the terminal, and prebooking of spaces in lounges.
You will be tasked with transitioning the existing apps from Android/ iOS to React Native.
What experience/ skills do I need?
- Solid knowledge of best-practice at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest and Detox.
- Knowledge of using git-based source control (*we use Bitbucket).
- The confidence and desire to work in a client-facing role.
- Practical experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and toolchains - we use Bitrise.
- Knowledge of state management using React Hooks.
- Familiarity with secure coding best practices.
- Writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns.
- Skilled in securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle and Android Studio.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Experience using the styled components library.
- Experience with native application development for iOS or Android.
- Experience creating white label solutions (shared codebase, supporting multiple products).
- Ability to work with complex requirements and make pragmatic decisions on priority and implementation approach.
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban.
What's in it for me?
- Empowerment - to be autonomous within a self-organising team that is passionate to deliver quality
- Professional Growth - you're probably happiest when you’re learning new things, so you’ll be given an annual allowance to spend on your professional growth such as attending a conference or taking a course.
- Architecture - author and critique software designs and architectures
- Mentorship - a chance to mentor and support other members of your team, providing technical leadership and advice and receive mentorship yourself
- Collaboration - you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary Agile team, forming a close relationship with clients
- Innovation - our monthly ‘Innovation Day’ allows us to take a break from client work to spend time playing with the latest tech and improving our tools and techniques
- Delivering Quality - author and critique software designs and architectures. You’ll ensure the quality of the software you write through pair programming, unit tests, integration tests and automated UI tests.
- Flexible hours
- Remote working
- The chance to collaborate with other offices (e.g. Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York) on other exciting projects
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as Snowboarding lessons, learning to play an instrument or even a beer tasting course!
- We have a place for everyone and a club for almost everything: Gaming, Spa, Book club, Sports club, Pet appreciation- the list goes on!
- 25 days holiday (in addition to all public holidays)+ a bonus day for your birthday!
- Generous monthly mobile phone allowance
- A Sportscard
- Plenty of breaks for things like planking, meditation and TigerBite
NB: This position is open on both a contract (immediate start) and a permanent basis. It's a B2B contract open only to those who have the right to work in Poland.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.