As a Software Test Engineer at Gooten, you’ll join a close-knit team of other engineers, designers, and product professionals to build the future of our order management platform destined to serve millions of orders a day. This individual will work on the systems that support our product vendor operations team and improve our dynamic routing capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer who is passionate about delivering highly critical technical projects end-to-end. The ideal candidate is motivated, extremely knowledgeable about test automation frameworks and how to utilize them, as well as how to ensure quality in the engineering process at scale. This individual has deep experience in software development, debugging, and troubleshooting with a high technical acumen in various technologies. This role is fully remote.
How you'll power eCommerce:
- Support feature development by creating test cases against product requirements and write automation tests to validate test case success
- Perform exploratory testing to find software defects
- Expand current automated test suites
- Analyze existing technologies and recommend optimal test frameworks to ensure regression testing and result reporting scales with the product
- Collaborate with development in the testing of products to ensure instrumentation is in place allowing for automation and to analyze the testability of the software
- Work closely with customer support and product to field questions and investigate problems related to our software products; troubleshoot, narrow, and determine root cause of problems
You should have:
- 5+ years experience standing up and utilizing a variety of test frameworks, including API and web GUI testing
- Proven experience integrating test automation with CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years experience with Ruby or other OOP languages
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Comprehensive knowledge of application software design patterns and emerging technologies
- Degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- A collaborative, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Azure or other cloud services
- Familiarity with some/all of our tools: Github, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with agile development practices (scrum, kanban, XP)
- Experience with B2B and/or eCommerce products
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.