MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
Senior Commercial Counsel role on our growing Legal team! Your mission will be to negotiate a variety of commercial agreements for both domestic and international deals, and support strategic commercial initiatives at MURAL during a time of significant growth. Commercial experience is a must; privacy experience is a plus.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts for complex commercial transactions, including customer contracts, data processing addenda, non-disclosure agreements, and cutting-edge partnership contracts.
- Find creative solutions in negotiations to address impasses and close deals.
- Join customer calls to answer questions about our commercial standards, our product, our privacy practices, and our operational norms and policies.
- Advise internal business clients on company policies, negotiation strategy, and legal issues and risks.
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues from our billing, support, and security teams to efficiently resolve commercial matters.
- Assist in creating and improving our standard form agreements, draft new templates for complex partnerships, revise playbooks, and streamline legal processes as needed as we develop new products and enter new international markets.
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms that balances business objectives and legal risks.
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in a commercial legal role, and a passion for doing it for a long while yet.
- Demonstrated ability to pick things up at lightning-fast speed, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to not take yourself too seriously.
- Rock-solid judgment, including ability to calibrate for when we need a quick-and-dirty response, versus a deep dive to get something exactly right.
- Experience in B2B SaaS.
- Basic fluency in privacy law (this is the one that will get you the most bonus points).
You should be comfortable with:
- Rolling up your sleeves to learn the technical details of our product inside and out.
- Drafting contracts, whether for a one-off deal or a new template, from scratch.
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellent client service, even in tough negotiations.
- Finding creative solutions in deals, even if they aren’t immediately apparent.
- Working independently on various deals under end of quarter pressure, and knowing when to ask for help or a second opinion.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.