As the Business Development Manager at Help Scout, you will manage and scale our first ever business development team. Specifically, you'll own the entire playbook: hiring, training, strategy and practices. More than 12,000 businesses worldwide use Help Scout. This is an opportunity to build an all-new channel from the ground up to help us lead the SMB segment of the market.
About the role:
- Since we’re building from scratch, you’ll be leading by example to start and eventually build a diverse team of BDRs to execute on the playbook you’ve built. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a culture that’s caring, collaborative, and results-oriented.
- You’ll supervise and manage day-to-day operations of the BDR team to meet and report on monthly goals: activity, metrics, opportunities and sourced revenue targets. As a new team, your ability to consistently monitor and improve the sales activities of your team is critical.
- You’ll adopt new tools (or leverage existing ones) to create and manage a scalable prospecting structure - including template creation, account and contact targeting, testing, and scale.
- You’ll be collaborating with our Sales and Growth Marketing teams to optimize process, systems, messaging, and campaign alignment strategies, as well as create feedback loops on marketing campaigns, product gaps, and market trends.
- While results are important, caring for the brand is paramount. Our success is dependent on being creative, always doing right by the customer, and building a brand that stands the test of time. We have your back on this and won’t ask you to do anything that compromises our long-term success.
- You’ve sold B2B software before and have been a successful quota-carrying, new business sales rep in a closing role (e.g. Account Executive).
- You love coaching and mentoring others. The process of helping individuals develop professionally and make progress in their career is deeply rewarding work for you.
- You thrive in a changing environment and can adapt quickly based on new data, changing trends, and customer needs. Optimizing systems and practices to deliver better results are really fun challenges for you.
- You are an excellent communicator that can build a thriving team in a“remote first” company like Help Scout. Setting your team up for success is all about building relationships and backing them up with clear written communication.
Who you’ll work with:
- Adam Goyette, VPM - You’ll be reporting to Adam
- Amy Panza, our Sales coach, and our small but mighty sales team
- Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
- Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
- Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- 401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.