Our developers are working on SOA e-commerce platform, which deals with up to three million requests per day during the peak time. Our main programming language is PHP, but one of our support tools is in Python. We daily work with the database server from Oracle. In addition to CodeIgniter and Nette we also work in our own framework. The infrastructure includes dozens of application, cache, database and file servers. We internally communicate via REST WS, externally via SOAP. We are constantly running over 70 cron jobs. We manage tasks and projects in JIRE, documentation in Confluence, source codes in SVN. On servers we deploy Jenkins that also monitors the quality of our applications by performing static code analysis and testing. Currently we are experimenting with RabbitMQ. We work in an agile development (Scrum and Kanban) with a long-term vision to become a multichannel leader in EU market.
- You will work on development of one of the largest e-commerce platforms in Europe that is a key for our business in the UK - Currys and PC World
- You will never work alone, we prefer pair programming. While working on the project no one is separated.
- Immediate support from our E-commerce Development & Support Manager Pavel Teichman
- You will learn a lot and gain experience in the field of e-commerce development, you will participate in internal workshops and knowledge sharing sessions
- You will communicate a lot with our colleagues from several different countries
- You will have an opportunity to participate in the writing of our tech blog http://tech.dixons.cz and actively participate in conferences
Skills & requirements:
- Experience with development in PHP and working with some of its frameworks
- Understanding of MySQL and Oracle database
- You have already met with SVN / GIT and agile development
- Good communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of Agile principles
- You have experience with PHP, OPP and usage of Nette framework
- Good knowledge of SQL, PostgreSQL
- You are familiar with MVC model
- Bootstrap framework experience
- It would be nice to have if you have met LDAP and Vagrant
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
Working remote :
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for the job