What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a talented and motivated junior graphic designer to join our growing creative team. This position will work closely with designers, copywriters and multimedia experts on the creative team; brand marketing; marketing analytics; and various other teams within the organization to design high-quality marketing assets for our university partner programs.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a link to your digital portfolio with your resume and application.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Offer design support on a wide variety of marketing assets for our higher education partners.
- Support the design of stunning marketing assets for our partner programs, including brand identity manuals, websites, advertising, emails and digital advertising.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for 2U partner programs.
- Create and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application of identities across channels.
- Design with a mobile-first approach.
- Manage multiple project deadlines across multiple programs.
- Collaborate with cross-team and creative stakeholders on conceptual and strategy-driven projects.
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Initiate new creative ideas and approaches that strengthen our communications and solve for specific marketing challenges.
- Work with manager and cross-team stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing channels.
- Participate in lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
- Strategically analyze creative briefs to create work that aligns with marketing stakeholder needs.
- Take direction from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices and previous performance data to produce and direct high-performing creative.
- Present work to stakeholders with strong written or verbal rationales that speak to the creative decisions and marketing strategies
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 1–3 years of industry experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking, and foundational design skills with a strong portfolio
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Must be open to feedback and able to take art direction
- Calm, flexible and able to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience working as a designer within an agency
- Experience working with sophisticated brands
- Experience in higher education
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission-driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.