What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a junior copywriter to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least 1 year of experience writing marketing copy (webpages, advertising, and/or email campaigns).
The junior copywriter is expected to craft compelling messaging for diverse audiences. The junior copywriter works directly with marketing stakeholders as well as with creative team designers and multimedia specialists.
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to samples with your application and cover letter.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Write copy — display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc. — that supports the marketing efforts of 2U partner programs.
- Create original, persuasive copy that promotes and differentiates 2U’s partner programs’ unique benefits.
- Work from creative briefs submitted by stakeholders.
- Manage multiple project deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketing stakeholders across brand marketing, SEO, web analytics, and advertising operations teams.
- Manage and maintain copy assets for multiple programs and act as a point-of-contact for those programs.
- Present work to stakeholders and offer clear, strategic rationales that support creative.
- Approach projects collaboratively, working with stakeholders across marketing as well as writers and designers on the creative team.
- Act as a member of a large creative team, upholding the goals and values of the team while driving the work forward.
- Grow as a writer while learning a range of data-driven marketing tactics.
- Work closely with other members of the creative team, including writers, designers, videographers, animators, and team leadership.
- Communicate concerns, challenges, ideas, and solutions with manager and/or team leadership.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of AP and Chicago style; strong proofreading skills
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction
- Ability to learn from others while acting assertively
- Interest in best practices and emerging developments in digital marketing
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience in higher education
- Experience working as a writer in an agency setting
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply directly on our site
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.