As a Developer at Headway, you are client and user-focused while executing on the details of each project. You diligently develop features and functionality, guided by Headway's process to ensure each release is successful. This role requires constant learning and a growth mindset.
When communicating with clients during sprint planning, retros, and release demos, you help monitor features as project requirements change, and direct emergent requirement discussions back to the core focus of a minimum viable product (MVP). In doing so, you help manage client expectations and project scope, ensuring we build the most valuable features first.
- As a Developer at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway development process with a focus on client and user needs including:
- Practicing "craft within context" and working with crewmates to receive advice and guidance to grow your knowledge.
- Driving all development from the outside-in with user story mapping and MoSCoW prioritization.
- Assisting with development critiques and QA.
- Performing pull request (PR) reviews.
- Participating in pairing sessions to help crewmates learn and grow.
- Performing QA of both internal code quality and external end-user UI/UX.
- Contributing to release notes.
- Participating in sprint planning sessions and retros while taking notes collaboratively alongside the rest of the team.
- Help us make a difference, make waves, and make Headway!
- 1+ years of paid, professional React experience (required), with React Native, Ruby on Rails, Phoenix/Elixir, or Node experience a plus.
- Experience working with teams of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to present your work and stand firm for the right reasons.
- Experience working with businesses at various phases of creation and growth a plus.
- You live by our Guiding Manifesto and embody the core values of Headway.
- You are open to criticism from your team and are always eager to learn and to share knowledge.
- You have the ability to think big while being detail-oriented and delivery-focused.
- You are self-motivated and able to deal with pressure and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an outgoing, personable, and sociable attitude.
- You have initiative to solve challenges, meet goals, and set new directions based on data.
- You are capable of inspiring colleagues and clients.
- You have a passion to create useful and valuable solutions.
- You prioritize and attend our twice-annual team weeks on-site at our primary office in Wisconsin, or at an awesome TBD destination.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.