At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function Of Position
The Director of Product Management - Services will lead a team to drive the development, definition, deployment, communication, and performance monitoring of world class service and support capabilities for Intuitive’s products and customers across global geographies. This includes service lines, methods, and tools for technical support and program support to improve product reliability (uptime) and customer satisfaction, while helping customers optimize their robotic programs. Focus areas will include integrating new digital products and support into the Services portfolio, as well as driving innovation in traditional service lines to ensure Intuitive maintains its world class leadership in the robotic assisted surgery service and support space.
This person will work with the Group Product Managers, the commercial management teams, and the global Services management teams to identify unmet customer needs and design new or incremental improvements to Intuitive’s service processes and/or products. They will execute upstream tactics and generate go to market plans for service and/or product development and launches. This uniquely-positioned role will work closely with our customers directly, as well as cross-functionally within product development, Services, corporate marketing, and commercial teams at an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly-growing company.
Roles & Responsibilities
Lead a high performing team of Group Product Managers and Product Managers to deliver against the following expectations:
- Discover, define, develop, and deploy innovative services solutions for our ever-evolving global customer base and product portfolios in alignment with our strategic, company, and business unit-level goals
- Develop and champion analyses to drive creation, evolution, and marketing of a service or product, including, but not limited to: conducting market research, developing product requirements, performing competitive benchmarking, and establishing positioning, messaging, segmentation, and pricing.
- Lead the development of compelling business cases and secure support and funding for products, processes, and services that align to company strategies and tactics
- Monitor the adoption of service offerings, and forecast changes to adoption and implications to customer satisfaction, profitability, and operational needs.
- Deeply understand and measure (QTI) the value of Intuitive’s services to key customers and constituents such as physicians, hospital executives, robotic coordinators, biomedical engineers, customer engagement teams, and the sales force.
- Develop and execute worldwide launch plans, working with services teams, regional marketing, and sales teams.
- Provide ongoing support of services or products already in use in the field identifying training, promotional, and other downstream opportunities to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and utilization.
- Help inform Intuitive’s product development initiatives as a strong, representative voice of customer and voice of service as it relates to product usability (workflow and user interface), reliability, and design for serviceability.
- Support existing services and products as an internal subject matter expert handling customer concerns escalated by sales, marketing, and services teams to mitigate customer dissatisfaction and improve the customer experience.
- Key Deliverables:
- Business cases for new or expanded service processes and tools on a 3 to 5 year roadmap (to include expansion of existing offerings into priority regions)
- Rationalized and updated entitlement packaging, pricing, and renewals process (service contracts), to include digital product subscription packages
- Market research & voice of customer insights to drive decision making
- Launch plans to drive successful launches of services processes, tools, and/or products (value understood by customer, operationally-scalable and sustainable delivery & execution, and meeting or exceeding service level agreements)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Service Marketing or equivalent leadership role with a history of defining, developing and/or launching successful products or services
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare, hospital operations and medical devices
- At least 5 years of experience with product and/or process development required
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, team leadership and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents
- Ability to build important internal and external relationships
- History of leading high-achieving cross-functional teams including work with sales, operations, services personnel, and/or marketing
- Deep sense of ownership combined with a proven ability to investigate open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives
- Ability to provide impactful and influential presentations with cross-functional audiences (internal and external) at the SVP-level across geographies
- Self-directed with awareness to proactively seek advice when needed
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of individuals while delivering on projects owned and executed as a player-coach
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite
- Ability to travel 30% (international travel required when deemed safe)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time