The VP, Marketing will work closely with Chubbies leaders & Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for all marketing operations of the company including lead acquisition, sales enablement, communications, retention, and brand development. This executive leads a team of enthusiastic, analytical, and passionate marketing professionals to develop, execute, and optimize the marketing strategy. We are looking for someone with a history of brand development and proven ability to accelerate company growth by leveraging the latest marketing strategies and technologies. This role must be immensely collaborative with all business functions and executives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Set strategic direction for the Marketing teams—ensure the marketing teams have a clear understanding of our organizational priorities and vision, key parameters for success, key processes and behaviors that drive success, and essential inputs from all teams that drive us towards our desired outputs.
- Exemplify “servant” leadership to build cohesive, collaborative, and cross-functional teams—Employ a “no task too small” approach to leading our Marketing teams to be collaborative, hardworking, positive, detail-oriented, and highly entrepreneurial
- Lead using “lean startup” methodologies—encourage directed experimentation, agile frameworks, distributed and empowered operating units to build adaptive, organized, highly aligned & loosely coupled, and overall excellent and motivated teams
- Achieve revenue and contribution targets systematically—ensure not only are the Marketing teams operating efficiently, agilely, and cohesively, but that they are also driving business results at the top-line and the bottom-line
- Direct and manage the creation of amazing experiences for Chubbies’ customers and prospective customers—ensure a cohesive approach to providing the Chubbies brand experience across all of our content, site experiences, CX experiences, and post-purchase experiences.
- Establish and reinforce Chubbies as THE modern Weekend lifestyle brand—use a creative and market approach to assessing and growing Chubbies’ market presence relative to our competitors
- Cultivate a vision for how Marketing will drive the retail & apparel industries in the future, and keep a pulse on the evolving ecosystem to adapt this model over time—ensure Chubbies is operating to “where the puck is going” from a Marketing perspective on the multi-year time horizon
- Proactively communicate setbacks to key stakeholders—ensure we are highly aligned, loosely coupled as we pursue our key initiatives, and that all key stakeholders are aware of our major wins and major misses on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in progressive leadership in Marketing with 5 years leading the Marketing Function ideally at a direct-to-consumer brand with larger than $100M revenue
- Healthy track record of growing a profitable digital business
- Extensive experience in Social, SEM, SEO, CRM/retention, Email, Affiliate, Influencer, DSPs, Campaign management
- Experienced in Conversion-Rate-Optimization (CRO), PR, TV/CTV/OTT, Web production, Direct Mail, Content/Creative
- Experience in leading Digital Product teams
- Extensive experience in team-building and process design and implementation
- Strong ability to be an adaptable & flexible leader, organize teams effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflict directly
- Collaborative skills and team-first attitude
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO for most corporate roles, accrued for others
- Mental health/wellness stipend
- Connectivity stipend
- Social event stipend
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, 80%-covered for dependents
- 401(k), flexible spending account
- Generous employee discount
- Priceless opportunity to work with the coolest team ever!
At Chubbies, we don’t believe in just celebrating the weekend, we celebrate different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds. We stand against discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities. It is our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees while we chase that Friday at Five feeling.
Even if you don't qualify or have specific experience in every facet of this role this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. We encourage you to apply for any role you're personally interested in & excited to drive positive change at Chubbies!
*No Colorado Applicants
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.