What we’re looking for:
- Experience / technical strategy expertise is a must, brand, comms, campaigning strategy capabilities is a bonus
- Experience leading multi-platform digital engagements with complex, sophisticated clients.
- Ability to apply emerging digital technologies in innovative ways to solve nonprofit and mission-driven organizational needs.
- Ability to innovate around ThinkShout’s strategy offerings, especially with respect to how our clients measure their work, implement growth strategies, and communicate with their audiences across digital channels.
- Ability to cultivate account relationships in partnership with Account Managers and Project Managers.
- Ability to collaborate, learn, and share new skill-sets that advance the strategy team’s expertise.
- Ability to identify — and design solutions for — emerging client and agency needs.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Support across general strategy deliverables, including but not limited to: desk research; SEO; analytics; user behavior research insights; strategy and/or technical design briefs; content/ digital experience strategy; information architecture; designing client workshops.
- Understand and leverage the landscape of digital engagement tools and how those tools can benefit our clients, including but not limited to: fundraising; social; campaign; and community-building.
- Work with our clients and internal teams to surface and document their business requirements, as well as to collect and analyze engagement data that will inform the solutions we recommend and guide our technical work.
- Develop and help sell strategic services to current and prospective clients.
- Demonstrate thought leadership: speaking engagements and publications.
- Perform lead strategist role during project discovery phases, including scope coordination with sales team, workshop development, and client presentations.
- The Strategy Director’s success will be evaluated based on the following:
- Client Impact
- ThinkShout’s discovery process uncovers impactful, measurable metrics for success that are shared and understood by the client and internal project teams.
- Our clients’ communication strategies are implemented across all available and appropriate channels.
- ThinkShout projects successfully and respectfully balance project goals against constraints.
- Project goals are established upon launch/roll-out and iterated against during the lifespan of ThinkShout’s engagements.
- Thought Leadership
- ThinkShout burnishes its reputation as an innovative strategic partner, externally and internally.
- Internally, the ThinkShout team understands how we’re working to help our clients achieve their goals.
- ThinkShout leverages the most relevant digital engagement tools to benefit our clients, including but not limited to: fundraising, social, campaign and community-building.
- ThinkShout publishes regularly on the agency blog and external publications, including case studies of our clients’ cultural impact.
The fine print:
- Our home office is in Portland, OR. Due to COVID-19, our office will remain closed at least through Summer 2021 and our entire team is working remotely. We welcome applications from candidates across the country. About 20% of us are full-time remote and we welcome more full-time remote employees. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we’re committed to supporting flexible schedules.
- The salary band for this position is $95-125k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process.
- ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all employees to collectively and more completely pursue the fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
- Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format and if applicable, include links to your online presence, portfolio, or personal website. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions help us learn more about you and are an integral component of the interview process.
- If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 45-minute interview with 2 people from the Strategy team
- Round 3 is a 75-minute panel interview with representatives from different departments of the company
- We are looking to fill this position for a June start date.
- Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.