Aiven is a cloud technology startup launched in 2016 and headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Aiven’s mission is to enable businesses to build awesome, data-intensive applications with self-managing data infrastructure on the cloud, leveraging leading open source technologies. We democratise access to open source databases and data technologies such as Apache Kafka and Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL and MySQL with our managed cloud services.
Aiven in a nutshell:
- We are open-source and cloud experts
- Our platform delivers bullet-proof data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security in our DNA
- 500+ customers in 50+ countries
- $150M in VC funding
We are now looking for fully remote experienced backend developers to work on our cloud operations platform turning the best open source technologies into frustration-free cloud services. You’ll be part of a team working on the Aiven cloud platform, improving its scalability and reliability, implementing new features as well as extending our product portfolio of open source data technologies. This position is open to remote candidates in Germany, Finland, Sweden, Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland and UK.
Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do. Our own backend systems are mostly implemented in Python with bits of Java, Go and C. We offer and operate a number of complex open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and Apache Cassandra as well as other open source data technologies like Apache Kafka.
- We are looking for self-driven developers who are enthusiastic about programming and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
- Key requirements for success in this role include:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience on using Linux in development
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
What we value:
- Experience and interest on infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of security (software, networking)
- Distributed systems knowledge
- A fast growing cloud open source tech company offering:
- large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- diverse and international working environment
- extra remuneration for open-source contributions
- participation in employee stock option plan
- flexible working hours and remote working flexibility
- relocation package
- mobile phone of your choice and subscription
- Multiple additional perks and benefits including:
- Aiven Library - books of your choice to widen your knowledge
- German and Finnish language courses
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Modern and spacy office in the centre of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
- Company sponsored events
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.