Senior Solutions Architect (Central Region) will engage with some of the largest organizations in the finance, retail, pharma, and retail sectors. You will work to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Primer’s technology, and address and overcome technical obstacles that arise throughout the sales process.
You will partner with the sales team and engage with executives and leadership at potential customer organizations to understand their unique challenges and identify opportunities for Primer’s suite of NLP/NLG technologies to support their needs. You will strategize on how to navigate complex sales cycles, bring your understanding of industry to value-based demonstrations, support and at times build Proof of Concepts, and win the company new business.
Your goal – to build the machines that can tell stories to anyone in the world.
The organization: Sales & Pre-Sales
The Sales & Pre-Sales group in Primer’s Go-to-Market Org serves as the interface between prospects, customers, and the company. Our charter is: (1) partner with Sales to win new business (2) scope and deploy Primer’s suite of NLP/NLG solutions to our customers; (3) prototype new technologies and concepts to meet the needs of the customer; and (5) channel customer feedback and usage patterns back to Primer to drive future product development.
- Present Primer’s technology, products, and vision to technical and generalist audiences at prospective and existing client organizations
- With minimal oversight, work with various stakeholders across the business to lead development of limited prototypes applying Primer’s technology to customer data
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day-to-day from initial meetings through post-sales (customer success, expansions, and renewals)
- Investigate and deeply understand the technical requirements of prospects and customers and scope solutions to deployment, data-related, or workflow obstacles
- Work hand-in-hand with sales executives to map customer requirements to current and future offerings and to close deals
- Continuously build expertise in NLP/NLG technologies and companies to understand potential competitors, partners, and vendors and how to position Primer in relation to them
- Marry deep customer expertise with your knowledge of Primer’s suite of products to influence marketing, product design, enhancement, and deployments
- Partner with Customer Success Managers and Post Sales Engineers to ensure a seamless handoff at the end of successful sales cycle
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government
- 7+ years of SaaS/PaaS services experience with a minimum of 3-5 years within a pre-sales customer-facing environment. Definite plus if your pre-sales work was focused on the financial services sector in NYC
- Strong Python programming skills
- Linux/Unix expertise and demonstrable bash-fu
- Broad range of experience in NLP
- Knowledge of distributed systems, databases, and ETL workflows
- Working knowledge of AWS tools, including S3, EC2, and SQS
- High emotional intelligence and ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and generalist audiences – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations
- Track record for consistently exceeding goals and quota.
- Bonus for hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Elasticsearch and/or experience in the financial services and pharma sectors
What we offer:
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for career growth
- Compensation in the form of Salary + Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.