This position will be a part of the Corporate Internal Audit team and will primarily be responsible for supporting the work associated with SOX, as well as internal audit projects. Assist management to improve and implement financial and IT controls, including design, documentation, testing, assessment, and reporting. Assist in risk assessment exercises and planning for operational audits.
How You Impact Our Vision:
- Perform walkthroughs of the various business and IT cycles and update flowcharts and Risk and Control Matrices and assess the effectiveness of the process and controls
- Execute SOX testing with consistent quality including maintaining effective tracking and monitoring of deficiencies and following up on the status of correction action plans, as needed.
- Identify, recommend and implement the necessary improvements to accounting policies/procedures, internal business controls and to help improve overall business efficiency.
- Possess project management skills with a focus on timely completion of tasks and the ability to identify and assess changing business process risks.
- Involves working closely with the internal audit team, external audit team, operational management, and business owners to coordinate SOX and audit work.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by management
- Possess a strong understanding of the COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Sections 302 and 404), financial reporting risks, internal controls, and US GAAP
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SOX and audit, including public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CIA, CISA, or equivalent credential
- Self-starter, team player with attention to detail, sense of curiosity, strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with AuditBoard a plus
- Technology industry experience preferred"
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.