At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our PagerDuty brands, or doing our day-to-day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We are seeking an experienced Security Engineer who has rich technical experience working in a cloud native environment. Part builder, part breaker, you will work with engineering and technology teams to help design and build secure services and mitigate risk.
How you contribute to our vision:
- As a Security Engineer leader within the Security Team, you will have a tremendous impact on PagerDuty’s security posture and engineering culture, and company-wide direction.
- If you relish the opportunity to design systems, tools, and solutions to enable mission critical applications to securely operate and scale- this role is for you.
- You will be a part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products, improving our security processes, and building the future of security at PagerDuty.
- You will have opportunities to enable our platform’s transformation by designing, developing, and implementing tools, automation, processes, and creating new techniques to move rapidly, reliably build, and deliver a frictionless experience to our customers.
- The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner that enjoys taking the lead as much as you enjoy mentoring others.
- Deliver and execute a compelling security strategy spanning across multiple product and engineering teams
- Evaluate, prototype, implement, and support security-focused architecture, tools, and services
- Partner with senior leaders across PagerDuty to help deliver company-wide security initiatives
- Maintain strong knowledge of current security threats, mitigations and operational best practices
- Lead cross-functional projects and establish cutting-edge security best practices
- Participate in on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
About You. skills and attributes:
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful security engineering projects.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider security engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You believe security should make it easy to do the right thing.
- You are an expert at leading collaborative efforts involving large groups.
- Expert at building consensus within and across engineering teams.
- 7+ years in Information Security
- Fluency with one or more scripting/coding languages (e.g. Go, Ruby, Python)
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to compress intricate security challenges into concise descriptions
- The ability to solve security problems without saying "No"
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and services
- Understanding of development lifecycle models as well as the approaches to microservices
- Experience with Orchestration tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with securing microservice architecture, implementation, and deployments
- Experience implementing and leveraging logging and monitoring solutions?
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.