If you are interested in becoming a valuable member of a high-growth technology company, we are in search of an Indirect Tax Manager. You will work cross-functionally and collaborate with key finance business partners (FP&A, IT, Sales, Product, etc.) to develop and/or refine processes to streamline all indirect tax matters.
Are you an all-star when it comes to monitoring global tax laws as they change, preparing and reviewing tax reconciliations? Are you excellent at driving an internal customer service approach in working with other functional areas, building and maintaining an effective internal control environment? Would you like to have fun in a high-energy environment? This role is for you.
How you impact our vision:
- Manage external tax advisors on all global indirect tax compliance, including US sales & use, gross receipts, property tax, and business licenses to ensure timely accurate reporting and remittance.
- Provide advice and guidance relating to VAT, Goods and Services Tax (GST), and other similar transaction taxes in relation to current and new business initiatives.
- Maintain and reconcile tax-related accounts as a part of the accounting close process
- Build a deep understanding of the business, and develop meaningful relationships with cross-functional key partners (Sales, Legal, etc.), to assist with researching potential tax implications
- Develop, document, and maintain SOX compliance
- Assist in special projects including but not limited to: M&A, tax planning, and cross-functional business initiatives
- A bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4+ years of significant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Proficient Excel Skills (Vlookup/ Formulas)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Professional certification - Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Masters in Taxation or LLM is a plus
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.