Procore is looking for a Director, Sales Compensation to join Procore’s Global Talent Organization as a strategic leader and advisor to Revenue leadership teams. In this role, you’ll develop innovative, efficient, and market competitive solutions that align pay with performance.? You’ll apply your knowledge, experience, analytical skills, and passion for various organizational and employee-level projects to improve how we engage and incentivize sales talent. If you’re ready to jump in, roll your sleeves —join us today!?
This position reports to our VP, Total Rewards and can be based remotely in the US with occasional travel to our largest hub offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and modeling of a scalable, cost-effective sales compensation program, including identifying pay curves, components, and proportions to optimize revenue growth and support strategic objectives and revenue targets. Partner Revenue Operations and Finance to prepare fit/gap analysis of alternative plan designs.
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders throughout Sales, Finance,? and the Global Talent Organization, providing the compensation resources needed to successfully recruit, reward,?and retain top talent while maximizing profitable revenue growth.
- Partner with Revenue Ops and Finance commission payout team to design compensation reports and analytics that measure return on compensation investment (ROCI); review the plan design’s effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes and objectives.
- Participate in annual compensation and sales effectiveness surveys, provide input on Procore pay and practices, analyze survey results to make recommendations to change salary ranges, pay mixes, sales incentive plan practices, etc. Attend sales compensation conferences and forums to maintain a high level of knowledge regarding competitive compensation practices, applying best practices to Procore as appropriate.
- Own, develop, and execute core compensation processes such as?the annual review,?compensation?structure refresh,?job architecture,?and other global initiatives.
- Manage the integration of the sales employees for mergers and acquisitions, including sales incentive plan transition strategy, base pay, target incentive, OTE adjustments, and retention programs.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS ?or equivalent
- 10+ years of sales compensation design experience, with 2+ year in a SaaS company with a recurring revenue business model
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders
- Excellent project management, organizational, and follow-up skills necessary to prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks and effectively handle short notice assignments
- Experience working in matrixed environments with multiple stakeholders and global nuance
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate and present conclusions regarding complex issues
- Excellent skills mathematical, comparative analysis, and general analytical skills to effectively create meaningful, understandable insights and metrics.
- Proficiency in Excel with advanced spreadsheet management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; ability to generate concise presentation decks to illustrate and share various compensation-related information
- Knowledge of compensation policies and programs and associated compliance issues
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.