PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be distributed by design, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users worldwide, including 60% of the Fortune 100.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Director Marketing Operations and Automation
PagerDuty seeks a Director Marketing Operations and Automation with deep strategic skills and technically savvy to run campaign implementation and optimization efforts for our marketing automation ecosystem. This person will lead a team to deliver a scalable, innovative marketing infrastructure to ensure that our Marketing and Growth teams can scale high ROI initiatives across owned, earned, and paid investments.
The Director Marketing Operations and Automation will build, optimize and run marketing automation programs and projects. They will develop an operational roadmap to support the continued growth of PagerDuty into new geographic regions and in bringing to market new product lines. This role will also define a strategic roadmap for our MarTech stack and operational support for all of the key components of our toolset including Drift, Marketo, Looker, Snowflake, WordPress, Optimizely, Pendo, and many other products. Additionally, this role works closely with Sales Operations to manage all lead routing and continually optimizes the lead to opportunity process and the relationship with sales to support that process.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing Operations, and the preferred location is in San Francisco, Toronto, or Atlanta. Fully remote leaders with the right skillset are also under consideration but will be required in a suitable time zone to manage existing employees in both San Francisco, Toronto, and Atlanta.
- Own the strategic direction of PagerDuty’s Marketing Automation and Operations, including creating a vision and leading the team through the successful execution
- Lead, develop and grow a team of Marketing Operations experts to develop marketing automation strategies that support lead, new logo, and opportunity goals, including continually modifying and adjusting those strategies based on results
- Support the end-to-end lead management process from capturing, scoring, filtering, enriching, routing, and assigning high quality leads to the correct sales rep
- Act as the thought leader for lead nurturing methodologies and lead life-cycle optimization.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ongoing control, maintenance, and enhancement of the marketing database process in the Marketo platform.
- Orchestrate lifecycle, transactional, triggered, and promotional or engagement-driven marketing activity to fuel business and marketing objectives.
- Manage system enhancements/upgrades, troubleshoot system issues/bugs, and oversee deployment and enablement to the global marketing team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for our MarTech stack, including responsibility for the strategy, enablement, vendor relationships, and implementation of all marketing technology tools
- Work collaboratively with global marketing teams to identify, evaluate, and implement tools and technology that will enable campaign innovation and improve performance
- Automate and improve data integrity and data management initiatives, including segmentation implementation and analysis, list management, and lead processes in Marketo and Salesforce.com.
- Ensure adherence to budget for marketing resource management and automation platforms – including continuous optimization of the contactable database.
- Clearly communicates issues to company leadership that may affect scope, budget, or timeliness of delivery of a best-in-class digital marketing automation program.
- Provides direct team with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams.
- 7+ years of business-to-business marketing operations experience, preferably in a SaaS or business-to-business environment
- 2+ years of previous experience successfully managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of individual contributors and people managers
- Deep technical knowledge of Marketo and Salesforce.com, who thinks about systems holistically with the customer experience at the forefront
- A cross-functional leader who partners with other team leaders and earns credibility through their expertise on process, automation, and systems
- Expertise working with trial and/or freemium SaaS models
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts, and data structure as related to marketing automation
- Lead management process development and execution; marketing campaign execution, including segmentation and building campaigns within a marketing automation system.
- Understanding of and proven experience with lead nurturing and scoring leveraging marketing automation and integration is essential.
- Knowledge of integrated marketing campaign best practices (including email contact strategy) is essential.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports all of our people and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keep digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all-hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
The questions posed in the following voluntary questionnaire are required under applicable laws and cannot be edited by PagerDuty. Although you may not see your identity reflected in the dropdown response options and feel unseen, you are encouraged to bring your full self as a candidate and a Dutonian.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply on Anomadic