CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
Now CloudBees is looking for an experienced Design Technologist to add to our design team. Combining the skills of a Front-end Engineer with the mindset of Product Designer the Technologist will be working alongside designers and developers alike to build/maintain the CloudBees design system. You possess excellent UI skills to translate high-level designs into intuitive and reusable code. A keen eye for interaction and design and a passion for creating UIs that are elegant and delightful are critical in this role.
The ideal candidate will be a thought leader and advocate for UI best practices across engineering and for a lean development process across design.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage, contribute to, and support development of our scalable atomic design system
- Translate hi-fidelity layouts and patterns into working components & systems
- Work with design teams to meet aesthetic and usability requirements
- Ensure that designs and the design system account for accessibility
- Lead the development of principles, standards, scalable practices, frameworks, and libraries in prototypes and interactions and facilitate adoption in collaboration with product engineering teams
- Collaboratively build, communicate, and document development of components with engineering teams across all products
- Write clear, maintainable, and reusable code with strong documentation
- Facilitate and educate engineering teams in the migration of products onto the design system
- Conduct thorough testing of user interfaces in multiple platforms to ensure all designs render correctly and systems function properly
- Build or identify and implement development tools and processes that help operationalize and bring efficiencies to design activities
- Prototype user experiences for user testing
- Assess the technical impact of design decisions, and insuring we are using the least technologically impactful solution
- Build and implement automated tests
- Enable and facilitate execution for designs across all products.
- Continue to develop the ability to measure user data and the impact of our designs
- Continuously research and perform analysis on our componentized libraries to account for emerging best practices, improvements and approaches.
- Advocate for and continuously educate people from around the business about the design system and its capabilities
What the role requires:
- Experience building and contributing to a design system
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and confidence to lead UI engineering efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of accessibility standards, interaction and design trends, and best practices.
- Experience with Bootstrap, React Bootstrap and expert level understanding of the internal workings of these specific or similar frameworks
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing world class user interfaces
- Strong understanding of ReactJS and its core principles and at least two year of experience in building applications using React
- Strong process documentation skills
- Ability to accurately estimate time required for technical tasks
- Passion/empathy for users
- Ability to rapidly prototype layouts and UI systems.
- What You'll Get:
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package.
- Ability to work at a fast growing company with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Fun, hardworking, and casual environment.
- Endless growth opportunities.
- Team outings.
At CloudBees, we believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems so that they can better serve their customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.