At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” nine years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce recently welcomed PrizeLogic, a leader in digital engagement, to the family. Learn more about the acquisition here!
This is a remote opportunity in the following US States only for tax reasons: CA, CO, IN, MA, MO, NJ, PA, TX.
Database Administrator Lead Overview:
Clarus Commerce’s Data team is searching for a Database Administrator Lead who is highly motivated, collaborative and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Reporting to the VP Data Systems, you will be a key member of our technology team, making important technical decisions that will shape the company's future. The DBA Lead will oversee all aspects of our database systems.
Responsibilities of the Database Administrator Lead:
- Lead the strategic efforts in storing and managing OLTP data across products
- Lead and mentor a team of Database Administrators (DBAs)
- 24/7 monitoring, support, and availability of database servers
- Represent the team when interfacing with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and technical and non-technical
- Secure, develop, monitor, and optimize databases for web applications
- Design strategies for enterprise database systems and sets standards for operations, programming, and security
- Design and construct large relational databases
- Build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models
- Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Ability to generate concise and efficient documentation around various DBA activities
Job Requirements of the Database Administrator Lead:
- About 5+ years of experience in IT as a Database Administrator (preferably SQL server)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline
- About 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting cloud data solutions in Production (preferably AWS)
- Experience with AWS RDS, SQL server (EC2 instance), MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Replication, Mirroring, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with setting up DR for SQL server in cloud architecture and understanding of RTO/RPO concepts
- In-depth knowledge in data modeling and database design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- A solid understanding of AWS storage solutions such as S3, Glacier, EFS, and EBS.
Benefits and Perks of the Database Administrator Lead:
- Flexible hours and work environment, offering a flexible WFH policy
- Generous PTO, including closing every Friday at 2pm (all year round) and a paid week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, disability, Life, Safe Harbor 401K plan with a 3% contribution from Clarus, 100% vested to you right away
- Wellness Program that includes a compted building gym membership and great prizes
- Every employee is given $1,000 every year for training and development purposes
- Lots of opportunity for training, mentorship, and growth (career trajectories for employees)
We thank all the candidates who have shown interest in our company, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.