Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
As Engineering Manager, you'll lead a team of Software Engineers who build Services and Dependencies for our core software products. We are looking for an individual who has a strong track record of software delivery and can develop relationships across various teams. You can still code if needed (though that won’t be the primary function of this role) and have opinions on what good code looks like. You also have experience working on large scale systems and/or data pipelines and know the pitfalls that can come with under/over engineering.
Skills & attributes:
- You enable and empower the team to do great work beyond what you could accomplish on your own, not be a micromanager.
- You understand the balance between planning out work and just getting things done, between getting your hands dirty and getting out of the team’s way.
- You have experience helping your teams consistently ship value to customers. You go out of your way to make sure that you articulate that value within, as well as outside of the team.
- You have experience hiring talented senior engineers and supporting them to do impactful work. You have also hired and developed junior engineers to realize their full potential.
- You have excellent ability to communicate in all directions of the org chart and understand the importance of laying out context for the team, instead of prescribing solutions.
- You must have an opinion on what good engineering looks like.
- You should have a good balance of when to empower your teams and get out of the way, and when to step in and help take some important decisions.
- Oversee a distributed team of highly motivated engineers spanning all experience levels.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to your team to help them learn, grow and succeed.
- Collaborate with the team on setting the product and technical roadmaps along with plans for getting us there.
- Work with engineering, product, and UX stakeholders to facilitate project delivery.
- Balance Engineering and Product work into the roadmaps and do the right thing with a long term view in terms of engineering excellence.
- Work with other engineering managers to help drive cultural changes across the organization.
- Attract, recruit and retain the best talent across the globe.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- You have 10+ years of software engineering experience out of which 2+ years in Engineering leadership managing people.
- You have a deep understanding of the distributed systems and technologies, software development lifecycle and have a passion for reliable, scalable and maintainable systems.
- You have experience managing healthy, happy and high achieving teams.
- You have a deep understanding of Agile principles and how to apply them effectively.
- You have have a proven track record of collaboration with peers to get successful outcomes for the company.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Ringraziamo tutti i candidati per l'interesse dimostrato nei confronti della nostra azienda, ma solamente i candidati selezionati saranno contattati.