We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Data Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining data products. You are passionate about all things data and tech and have extensive knowledge of the digital space. You are accomplished in the areas of Data Engineering and Analytics. you are ready to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, this individual will be responsible for building and enhancing VideoAmp data products to provide insights and analytics to our internal and external clients.
This engineer will work closely with DevOps, Data Science, Product, and Customer Success teams to create a world-class SaaS product. This engineer will create/build the future of the VideoAmp DMP ecosystem. This person will also be adding value via building the team through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of other engineers. The company is looking for an extremely passionate, humble, and result-driven individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate is a motivated, hardworking leader who possesses an extremely high bar for themselves and the quality of their work product. This is a highly technical position that requires a breadth of knowledge across multiple systems as well as a depth of knowledge on very specific technology
Technologies we use:
- Python, Scala ,Spark, Golang, NodeJS
- Hive, Snowflake, Postgres, Jupyter
- AWS, GCP
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Build and enhance current data warehousing architecture to provide insights and analytics to our internal and external clients.
- Design and develop stream and batch processing data pipelines
- Productionalize Data Science projects
- Optimize code to improve performance and scalability and reduce infrastructure costs
- Implement monitoring and alerting for critical workflows and services
- Develop and release using agile methodologies
- Develop a deep understanding of our VideoAmp’s various operational systems and datasets in order to then extract data into the data warehouse, model it, and build data marts.
- Play a key role in building the ETL/ELT stack to cleanse, transform and load data from different sources using multiple technologies.
- Work closely with our internal business and product teams to define the end goal for any analytics needs of the company
- Work with other Senior engineers, leads, and managers who are end-to-end owners and help us define the current and future of technology within the group and the entire company.
The ideal candidate will be able to design and develop data pipelines to massage terabytes of Data to show meaningful insights and analytics with efficient solutions that keep our hosting costs down. This person will have a strong foundational knowledge of computer science and data modeling.
- Additionally, we highlight the following personal, professional, and technological characteristics the ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years - Modeling, measuring, and analyzing complex data
- 3+ years - working with Python or similar programming languages like Scala, Java
- 3+ years - Building and optimizing workflows on Snowflake, Hadoop, or other big data platforms
- Understanding of ad-tech terms and methodologies preferred
- Experience with data privacy and secure architectures
- A college degree in the area of Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Unlimited paid time off each year
- Company-sponsored health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- Annual vacation and childcare stipends
- Access to state-of-the-art fitness classes and personal trainers to promote your well-being. Live and recorded virtual workout classes every day + weekly yoga/pilates/wellness opportunities
- Quarterly fitness challenges
- Work from home set up provided
- 1:1 Nutrition/Food program options
- Partnership with DoorDash for meal deliveries
- Wellness (Financial Wellness, Modern Health)
- Employee Advisory Groups / Proactive Social Groups
- Pet Funds + Pet Care Savings
- 401k Plan
- Everyday discounts
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Referral Bonus
- A progressive approach to paid parental leave
- Epic personal and professional growth opportunities
We believe every human on the planet should have the option of free access to the world’s information and content. In many cases, this belief is powered by a three-way value exchange between a publisher producing free content, a consumer consuming it, and an advertiser paying the publisher for the chance to connect with its audience. The underpinning of this value exchange relies on having independent auditing, measurement, and optimization layer to power the transaction between the advertiser and publisher.
Today the industry standard tools for advertising and media measurement and optimization are usually designed where increased personalization, higher advertising return on investment, and increased publisher revenues often come with a negative trade-off for consumer privacy or security risks of leaking private data. We envision a world where this doesn't have to be the case - a world where consumer privacy, security, and governance are incorporated into the fabric of the codebase while enabling the necessary business use-cases to effectively keep the world’s information and content free for everyone.
VideoAmp’s mission is to create software and data solutions to enable advertisers to accurately measure and optimize their entire portfolio of linear TV, OTT, digital and walled garden investments while empowering publishers to effectively align and monetize their audiences with the advertiser’s desired outcome in a consumer-first privacy paradigm.
Ringraziamo tutti i candidati per l'interesse dimostrato nei confronti della nostra azienda, ma solamente i candidati selezionati saranno contattati.