We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
- At Canva, our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
- Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
- The Trust & Safety team at Canva ensures that everyone who creates and interacts with content on Canva can do so in a safe and trusted environment.
- Trust and safety are an important part of Canva values and promise that we make to our customers, so making sure that we uphold this promise is an important part of our product and services.
- The group is responsible for interpreting Canva’s values and turning them into actionable policies and tools that deal with misinformation, inauthentic behavior, platform abuse, and possible harm to our customers.
- This means not only developing and applying the policies, but also developing the systems and parts of the product which enable us to enforce those policies.
About the role
- As the Head of Trust & Safety, you’ll lead the team that creates and owns the strategy for all of trust and safety and how it’s performed across Canva.
- You are a leader who is passionate about defending people from misinformation, inauthentic behavior and platform abuse.
- You will ensure Canva’s shared values influence Canva’s Terms of Service and provide clear guidelines, with examples, for the moderation of user-generated and public library content.
- As an experienced leader, you’ll play a key role in collaborating with a committee including the Founders, Legal, Security, Corporate Communications, Engineering and ultimately all of Canva to provide accountability and transparency for the application of Canva’s values to content.
- You will also have to be good at thinking and analyzing T&S decisions through multiple lenses and understanding the ambiguity and nuances.
- You’ll have experience not only leading but growing teams, and will play a key role in owning resourcing for Trust & Safety, including building out the team across Policy, Operations and Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Create a strategy and vision for Canva surrounding defined goals for Trust & Safety, aligned with leadership and other teams around the business.
- Build a team that delivers the Trust & Safety vision and strategy. This is an area we deeply prioritize, and hiring and growing the team will be a key part of the role.
- Build a deep understanding of the current problem space by working with business and growth leaders to understand existing issues and the content moderation process.
- Responsible for interpreting Canva’s values, communicating to all of Canva how those values apply to content, providing clear reasons for moderation decisions and communicating publicly, if required, when negative content erodes the trust of Canva’s users, partners or regulators.
- Design, build and operate the systems, processes and roles that enable T&S strategy development, decision-making, and execution.
- Build out automation capabilities through Engineering and Machine Learning based processes.
- Write company policy that defines and outlines the compliance structure and communicate those policies to key stakeholders.
- Advocate for the performance and plans of Trust & Safety and build key relationships with stakeholders and leaders across the company.
What we’re looking for:
- Deep experience in Trust & Safety, having an understanding across Policy, Enforcement and Operations.
- Experience building high-performing teams with the ability to not only define the strategy and goals but build a framework of the group that aligns with Canva’s values.
- Experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action.
- An innovator who is willing to roll up the sleeves and get into the weeds.
- Ability to proactively resolve strategic issues and unblock others with a solution-focused approach.
- Highly collaborative, effective partner who can influence through smart, thoughtful communication and execution.
- Empower experts across multiple fields to contribute and create policy based on insights at the forefront of decision making.
- A natural advocate and champion of your team’s strategy, roadmap and plans.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn’t just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Ringraziamo tutti i candidati per l'interesse dimostrato nei confronti della nostra azienda, ma solamente i candidati selezionati saranno contattati.