Who we are
We are a university startup that realizes smart metering solutions for industrial, commercial energy applications in the renewable domain. Bringing together metering, asset optimization, and energy management we have built the „Energy Performance Management Suite“ on .Net technologies.
We are currently 10 people with our offices in Heidelberg and have a 2 person development team in Heidelberg. With Upwork, we are seeking to establish a team of software and renewable energy enthusiasts that can drive the much-needed paradigm change for a secure, reliable, and sustainable energy system.
We have built an MVP that the market wants, adapted it to the needs of our customers & partners, and are now in the process to scale and scope our capabilities.
Who you are
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects.
You are a software and renewable energy enthusiast that can drive the much-needed paradigm change for a secure, reliable, and sustainable energy system.
You are a proactive and open-minded person who is not afraid to innovate and make big impact changes on the project.
What you'll do
As an Experienced Full-Stack .NET Engineer, you will be in charge of improving our existing „Energy Performance Management Suite“ by cleaning up existing implementations, implementing new features, and consulting us on best practices for the project architecture.
You will engage with other members of the team defining the milestones and the direction of where we should proceed with improving the Suite.
Responsibilities and duties
• Discuss, define and build specific features for the existing Suite
• Write lots of clean, readable, and reusable C# code
• Collaborate with founder & other team members to clarify requirements, prototype functionality, and build products
• Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
Qualification and skills
• 4+ years of professional experience with .NET Development
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS best practices, and structured organization (gulp/npm/webpack is a plus)
• Knowledge of Design Patterns and Architectural Patterns (N-layered architecture)
• Strong knowledge of SOLID Principles
• Previous experience building scalable web applications
• MS SQL / SSRS / SSAS / SSIS / DAX Query
• Experience with CRM365 is a plus
• Experience with energy data management is a plus
• Experience with Kafka and real-time data presentation is a plus
What you can expect from me as a founder
• Working in the renewable energy domain for the last 12 years in my own company – as well as SAP I have learned the importance of utilizing energy data to improve the operations and sustainability of our customers
• My focus of work is to leverage our voice to customers & partners – execute decentral energy management projects from marketing, sales, planning, installation, testing, and operation
• I am not a developer – I trust in your expertise and experience in how to move an MVP to a crucial product
• Willingness to learn with and from you
• Initial call to meet in person and evaluate if we can establish a good business relationship
• Onboarding and setup of your workstation
• Defining the scope of work that you'll be doing
1. Give us a thrill of what you have been doing and show us your passion for energy
2. Outline your most significant experience with the necessary qualification and skills
3. What is your availability and earliest hire date